Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Two Obits

Jack Trammel was an entrepeneur here for many years.  I met him back in the 90s, when he was in his 80s and still working every day in his bail bond business.   When I visited him at home in the Tech Terrace neighborhood there was a pile of golf balls in a kind of atrium, where he had been practicing his putting.  A busy and energetic man.

I read about Donnie Allison in shock.  everyone knew he was ailing, but a 49 year old in hospice care, dying?  Too soon, too unfair.   A few weeks ago there was a benefit for him at the Cactus, and word was he had more health problems, but I never expected to read this.  Didn't know him personally, but he was a good singer, an excellent performer, who worked hard on his roles and songs.  Now he is gone, I wish his concerts had been filmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment